ID Cards
  • With the newest update to the RAPIDS software, we are now required to have 2 forms of ID for all personnel over the age of 18 wishing to get an ID card.
  • We are closed on all federal holidays.
  • All currently serving military members wishing to get a military ID must adhere to their specific branch’s grooming standards.  Generally, this means clean shaven and military haircut for males, and hair tied into a bun for females as well as facial jewelry removed. If you have a profile that exempts you from the regulation, you must bring it with you.

Services Provided:

  • Issue CAC Cards for all branches of service, contractors, and military affiliates
  • Unlock/reset CAC pins
  • Verify CAC certifications
  • 100% DAV ID cards
  • Retired ID cards
  • Dependent ID cards
  • DOD civilian ID cards
  • DOD civilian retired ID cards
  • DEERS updates (i.e. adding and deleting family members)
Acceptable Forms of ID

Primary Identity Source Document

  • U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card;
  • Permanent resident Card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551);
  • Foreign passport;
  • Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766);
  • Driver's license or an identification (ID) card issued by a state or possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph;
  • U.S. Military ID card; or
  • U.S. Military dependent's ID card; or
  • Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card

Secondary Identity Source Document

The secondary identity source document may be from the list above, but cannot be of the same type as the primary identity source document.1

  • U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration
  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, possession, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
  • ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency or entity, provided it contains a photograph
  • Voter's registration card
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
  • U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
  • Identification card for use of resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179),
  • Certification of Birth Abroad or Certification of Report of Birth Issued by the Department of State (form FS-545 or Form DS-1350);
  • Temporary resident card (Form I-688);
  • Employment Authorization card (Form I-688A);
  • Reentry Permit (Form I-327);
  • Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)
  • Employment authorization document issued by Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
  • Employment Authorization Document issued by DHS (Form I-688B);
  • Foreign ID with photograph;
  • Driver's license issued by a Canadian government entity; or
  • Native American tribal document.

1 For example, if the primary source document is a foreign passport (e.g., Italy), the secondary source document should not be another foreign passport (e.g., France).


Does my sponsor have to be with me to get an ID Card?
Yes, with the following exceptions:
- If the sponsor signs DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) in front of a Verifying Official, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
- If the sponsor signs DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) and has it notarized, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
- The family member may sign the DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) using a general power of attorney (P.O.A.).
- Sponsor needs to visit ID Card Office Online and complete DD Form 1172-2 electronically.

What documentation is needed to add, remove or make changes to DEERS?
The sponsor will always need original or true certified supporting documentation to make any changes, (i.e. Birth, Death, Marriage Certificate, Social Security Cards, Divorce, Adoption, and Custody Decrees)
If the sponsor is deployed, how can a family member receive an ID Card?

  • If sponsor has access to CAC enabled computer, the DD Form 1172-2 can be completed by visiting ID Card Office Online
  • The dependent has a Power of Attorney allowing him/her to conduct business in the sponsor's DEERS record.

Can a retiring sponsor on terminal leave be issued a retirement ID Card before the retirement date?
Yes, up to 90 days prior. Although the system allows for this, it is not recommended due to the possibility of a gap in TRICARE coverage when entering a date before the actual retirement date.

How is a spouse added to DEERS?
The sponsor will bring in the marriage certificate, birth certificate, social security card and picture ID (ie. Drivers License, State ID, ect.). For non U.S. Citizens a temporary ID number (TIN) will be used in lieu of a social security number. When foreign documents are presented, an English translation is required, no exception. (check with army OneSource or U.S. Department of State for assistance).

How are children added to DEERS?
It is dependent on the following:

  • A female sponsor needs only bring the children's birth certificate and Social Security card.
  • An unmarried male sponsor must have the child's birth certificate, Social Security card, and judicial determination (i.e. court-ordered child support or divorce decree naming children as his own). If no judicial determination has been made, forms are available at an ID Card Center that must be sent to DFAS for approval.
  • If a male sponsor is married and his wife is already on DEERS, he need only bring the child's birth certificate and Social Security Card.

Can step-children be added to DEERS?
Yes, as long as they reside with that service member and are not already the dependents of another service member (unless the sponsor's spouse has physical custody, in which case such document must also be presented).

ID Card Locations


Monday - Friday


Monday - Thursday


Thursdays Only
8-11AM & 1-2:30PM






Wednesdays Only
9-11AM & 1-4PM