The West Virginia National Guard Education Services Office mission is to support the strategic objectives of the West Virginia National Guard by providing world-class educational opportunities to enhance recruiting and retention capabilities and increase the readiness of the force through education.
West Virginia Educational Encouragement Program (WVEEP State Tuition Assistance)
- WVEEP will pay up to 100% of tuition and allowable fees as approved by TAG and noted on the application to an accredited college/university located within West Virginia. The current cap is set at $7,000 per year.
- Fiscal Year - July through June; Payment will not exceed tuition and fees.
- Open to all members of the WVNG, who have completed Basic Combat Training/ Basic Military Training.
- Must apply by 1 May for the fall term, 1 November for the spring term or 60 days prior class start date for non-traditional programs and/or cohorts.
- Must meet all other service requirements.
For information, contact the Education Services Office at 304-561-6361.
View the WVEEP Joint Pamphlet 141-83 (1 Feb 2018 updated)
To Register and Apply please go to: WV Guard Tuition website here.
- Chapter 1606- 6 year contract, completed IADT/OBC, High School Diploma or equivalent
- Chapter 30- Minimum of 2 years active duty service or AGR, paid the 1200 dollar contribution
- Chapter 33 – 90 days of aggregate Active Duty service after 9/11/01. Can be transferred to dependents of Soldiers with at least 6 years of service. Soldiers must have 4 years retainability. Offers a tuition payment to school, as well as stipends for books, supplies, and housing. (E-5 BAH with dependents).
* Current FY rates can be found at here.
* To apply for GI Bill Benefits go to:https://www.vets.gov/education/apply-for-education-benefits/application/1990/introduction
Federal Tuition Assistance
Receive 100% of tuition cost up to $250 per semester hour
Up to 16 semester hours per fiscal year
Fees may not be funded
May apply within 60 days prior of course start date (NLT 5 days prior to course start date)
Must be actively serving in the ARNG
Have served 1 year after IADT/BOLC
Not flagged or pending unfavorable action
Preferred college is accredited and participating in GoArmyEd.com
Commit to service obligation
Must have served at 10 years time-in-service to use for a Master’s degree if any part of undergraduate courses funded by FTA
Maintain 2.0 GPA for undergraduate or 3.0 for graduate courses
Career semester hour limits apply
Can be recouped for failing grades
Apply at Go Army Ed
GoArmyEd Helpdesk 1-800-817-9990
Incentives and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Reenlistment Extension Bonuses (REB) 6 years, $20,000, Payments 50%/50%
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) 6 years up to $50,000
For information on eligibility requirements contact our office at 304-561-6361.
Testing – APT
- Standardized tests provided to determine eligibility for specialized training and to support the Army’s personnel section and classification process, including language proficiency testing
- Must be an actively drilling member of the Army National Guard.
- DLPT and AFCT exams available. Contact our office for test dates at 304-561-6361.
- Soldiers are eligible to take DANTES tests with reimbursement.
For more information or to apply, contact our office at 304-561-6361.
Education and Career Counseling
The Education Services Office provides a wide variety of counseling options to assist our Service Members with education and/or career planning.
- College transcript evaluations
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) evaluations
- Degree planning
- Career Focus
- Resources available upon request